Larry Jackson has near 30 years’ experience in Aboriginal Justice across Victoria including Coordinating the Shepparton Community Justice Panel 24/7.
He has also been developing, delivering and leading multiple justice programs including:
- Rumbalara Koori Night Patrol,
- Men’s Family Violence,
- Women’s Family Violence Program,
- Men’s and Women’s CBO Mentor Program,
- Youth Justice Program, Youth Support Service,
- Dhurringile Prison Culture Program, Police/Corrections and Child Protection Culture Camps.
Larry was also previously:
- Chair Hume Indigenous Family Violence Regional Action Group; and
- Chair Regional Aboriginal Justice Advisory Committee.
- And was directly involved in the development of Shepparton Koori Court.
Larry has held the role of Coordinator Community Justice Program coming up to 30 years in March 2021, following six months away from the role in the past twelve months.
Awards & Nominations:
- Hume Region Aboriginal Community Justice Awards: Lifetime Achievement Award – In acknowledgement of service to the Hume Regional Justice Advisory Committee
- Acknowledgement of Service, Hume Regional Aboriginal Justice Advisory Committee 2000 – 2019
- 2002 Indigenous Community Justice Award, Hume Region